Hi mummies, my bm supply suddenly drop a lot even though I have been diligently pumping milk. Is it due to my hormones and my milk supply will stop even though I pump? Anyone encounter this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey mummy don't be disheartened! First of all, periods can get in the way of your milk supply so you may notice a drop whenever your period is coming :) It's also normal for you to miss periods here and there, or for it to be irregular at times - but always remember you CAN still get pregnant even if your period doesn't come! As for why your milk supply drops, there are many reasons to it - some common ones are not pumping often enough (should still be once every 3 hours to keep up with demand, if there's no demand for milk then your body would start telling itself to produce less to meet the reduced demand), bad eating habits, not drinking enough water, not resting enough/well, having stress, blocked milk ducts etc. If you're having any of those stated above, get them resolved so that your body can do what it needs to do :)

Read more

Milo helped Me when my supply was low. You may want to try. Also has there been any changes lately?sometimes stress would also affect the supply.

Aside from pumping diligently you need to ensure you drink enough and have a balanced regular meals. Lastly adequate rest too.

VIP Member

How many months have u been pumping? Have your menses returned?

7y ago

Try to take some milk booster to boost up the supply lost and add in more pump cycle. Don't stress too! Stress also will affect the supply.