My baby is 9.5 months. I have noticed a sudden drop in milk supply even though i nurse 2 times and pump 3 times a day. I feel upset about it as i always think that latching is a way for close bonding since this is my last baby. Is there a way to increase the milk flow again or this is a signal that the milk is going to dry up soon? Thanks!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. I think u can try an array of milk boosters if I still don't know what works for u. Because what works for one may not work another so u gota try. Oats, salmon, durian, seafood, lactation cookies etc and much more - u can try. Has there been a change to other parts of ur lifestyle or new stress? Try to undo those if possible. Could it also be ur period is coming back? Sometimes the dip is temporary so just keep doing what u are doing, milk boosters, if possible do 1-2 more additional sessions of pump/latch. Water parade often

Read more

I never believed in pills or anything else. At least it didnt work for me. However milo helped though. Thats just for me. Okay, now what i did was every 2 hours i drank water, in between i kept taking sips. That helped greatly. I pump every 3 hours as well. Even if there is less milk, that is to stimulate the breast. Massage and plenty of water. :)

Read more
VIP Member

pump more often and have some milk booster. If you are latching, the milk supply will def be there! don't worry!

Hi, in the end did your milk supply resume to normal supply? Cos I'm facing the same issue now...

Keep pumping don't feel disheartened. Did you change anything in your diet lately?