Can I still increase my milk supply?

I am 2 months and 16 days postpartum and never really established a milk supply. Each time pump is about 5-40mls. I was switching between several supplements and I think wasn’t as consistent in pumping. Now I am motivated to start pumping consistently. Is it still possible to establish or increase my milk supply even though it’s been 2 months postpartum? How long should I expect to see results if I start pumping regularly every 2-3hrs? Any other tips?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Around this time supply will start regulating as hormones that give the extra boost of milk taper off. Had low supply two months pp as I started on mixed feed and for other reasons I didn’t nurse on demand from the start. I was finally able to provide 100%. There is no short cut and I realized bf requires commitment: - took supplements - latched on demand in the day - pumped every 3 hour interval (including adding these additional pump sessions in between nursing sessions) - If I wasn’t nursing I’d pump every 2 hourly (night 3-4 hourly) for 15-20 mins (3 hourly substantially pumping didn’t do much for me to match supply) - made sure I had at least 8-10 bf/ pump sessions each day. I did this for a month or more. It was exhausting with the back to back pump and nursing sessions. If you prefer latching on demand round the clock it should also work. Some infants take more than the pump. Once supply is established I started dropping the pump sessions. Ps some people also suggest power pumping.

Read more

I’m also trying to increase my milk supply just like you! May I know what supplements you’re currently taking?

9mo ago

I started out with fenugreek with domperidone from hosp but it clogged me so bad (prob shouldn’t have stopped and tried lactation massage), then tried Legendairy support bundle (didn’t help much), then I switched back to fenugreek. Recently, i bought lactation cookies from “cookiedealersg”, and I realised my breast were a bit more full with a slight increase in supply after 1 day! However, lactation cookies are so expensive 😩 So currently, I’m trying to bake my own lactation cookies and still taking fenugreek

most important is pump frequency, 3 hourly. hydrate one cup of water before and after pump - very impt!