Bathing and feeding

Hi mummies. My baby is 12 days old. I realise today that he has been waking up every 1. 5-2 hours for his feeds. Each feed he is drinking around 60ml. In the beginning, his feeds were every 3 hours. May I know if he is cluster feeding? I also want to check if I should bath baby everyday? So far we only bathe him twice. And whether to clean baby's tongue w a wet cloth?? Lastly just to share, my baby was bottle fed in the hospital. Because of this, he doesn't want to latch on me. Can anyone share any useful advice on how to reverse this? I wished he tried latching... He always gets impatient and push my breast away

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do you mean every 1-2 hours for his feeds? It might also be that he is ready for an increase in milk, you can try increasing 10ml to see if it helps him sleep longer? I bathe my baby every morning and a wipe down every evening. I do also clean his gums and tongue with a sterilize wipe (after being taught by my nanny), but different professionals will advise differently whether or not cleaning baby’s mouth is required. If not done right, it may cause baby to throw up. Regarding latching, I learnt to just keep trying. If they are hungry, they will eventually drink from the boobs. Are u bottle feeding breast milk right now? If not, your supply may be slower, regular latching and some pumping might help to increase supply.

Read more

There could be some growth spurt and it's okay to feed if baby wants to drink. My baby is alr drinking about 80-90ml/feed. In the recent weather, good to bathe baby at least once a day. Yep can clean baby's tongue too to prevent oral thrush. Could it be ur flow is slow or too fast? I'm nt the best person to advise, perhaps u can join the bf FB grp to seek for advise?

Read more

Same issue with you that after bottle feed my baby refused my breast. Lactation consultant actually taught me to use nipple shield to try to let him latch on slowly, it works. And after few times I removed the nipple shield and baby just latch on again naturally.

7d ago

what brand of nipple shield are u using