Advice needed - baby refusing milk

Hi, my son is currently 10 weeks old and currently bottle fed expressed breast milk. Recently he takes more than an hour, sometimes 1.5 hours to finish his milk. He is very gassy and squirms alot during the feed so we need to burp him a couple times between feeds. Sometimes, he even falls asleep from feeding 🤦🏻‍♂️ He usually goes 3 hours between feeds (sometimes 4 hours depends on his cue) PS: I start counting from the time we start the bottle feed. He is currently on 3m teat and taking ridwind drops for his grassiness. Does anyone have any advice on how to help this frustrated mom? Thanks very much in advance! 🙏🏻😫#pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If baby is feeding very long, count from the end instead. Eg if he takes 1 hour to finish, if he is feeding 3 hourly, you count the start, technically he’s drinking every 2 hourly instead of 3. You might wanna consider sizing down the teat instead? My baby is 11.5m on full EBM and still on size 3m teat (Avent). Breastmilk is very diluted hence the teat don’t have to upsize as to feeding formula. At 10weeks, my baby is on size 1 teat all the way till 6months then I changed to size 2 then 3. Also on ridwind, no gas issues.

Read more

Hello, May I know if you have done anything to solve this problem? Cause I have the same issue now. My baby is 10 weeks now. But also taking very long to finish. He can go for quite long without milk also.