Csect Experience

Hello mummies! Can anyone share with me your experience with csect? Im having one in a few days time and really nervous 😢 1) How long does the surgery usually take? 2) Is recovery really long/bad compared to normal delivery? 3) Are we supposed to put on the abdominal binder as soon as surgery is over? Idk why but it sounds so painful if its just a day after 😂

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had ovarian cancer surgery in 2019. hurt so bad, was on bedrest and couldnt move much for 1 month+. I had a csect 2 weeks ago. procedure all in all took 1-2h. anaesthesia was given via spine, first 2 attempts failed (felt electric shock, uncomfortable but no pain), 3rd attempt was good. all 3 jabs did not hurt, same pain as covid vaccine. when the doctor snip snip the skin, felt like nail clipper. when they want to take baby out, felt big pressure on abdomen. post surgery didn’t feel much until 3rd day. same pain as ovarian cancer surgery but once I took the painkiller, did not feel pain. this is the key player. my prev surgery I didn’t take painkiller. after painkiller, I can walk and do chores almost as normal (but I try my best not to). most painful thing during the whole csect birth experience is the IV drip cannula insertion in the ward :) so if you don’t want to feel pain, take the prescribed medicine with painkillers religiously

Read more

Not a Csect mum but according to my mum (2 times csect, last in 2017), done in 15 minutes. If you give her a choice, she will still go for Csect. Once epidural is in, you pretty much won’t feel anything 😊. If you’re like me, see or touch needles will faint, request for them to let you sleep 😅. Recovery definitely takes longer than normal delivery. If your gynae does it well, it shouldn’t be bad. Her first had complications cause gynae didn’t clear properly. Second time no issues, healed well, minimal pain. If the gynae has poor skills, even normal delivery also equally bad. The nurses will help you put on the binder to protect your stitches from moving too much I think. Goodluck and smooth delivery! ☺️

Read more

not sure if your LO is out yet or not. i had my c-section + epidural done 8 days ago. still coping well now. -abt 2 mins for epidural to kick in. baby came out in abt 15 mins time. then wheeled out tgt with my husband. another 15 mins for stitching. all was done less than an hour. -recovery is still ok for me. just take the painkillers if it’s hurting you. on day 2, catheter has to be removed. nurses will then assist you to the toilet and make sure you pee. don’t worry as first pee after surgery will take some time to come. -supposed to had my binder on day 2 but i started wearing only on day 3 don’t worry! the pain is pretty manageable. just take small steps

Read more

Hi! I had an unplanned c sect 3 weeks ago. Do take note of epidural side effects, I had itching, shivers and vomited after my epidural but all’s good other than that. C sect will take about an hour, baby should be out by 20mins. Recovery for me is smooth so far, was given regular pain killer and I started walking as soon as my urine catheter is out. Just take every medication that is given to you in the hospital regularly including stool softener which didn’t taste good. As of now I have no pain and I did not get the abdomen binder as my pain was bearable but you might wanna get it if its really bad for you. My wound is closing up nicely too.

Read more