C-sect recovery

Hi mommies! Im currently 38weeks pregnant. Baby is in breech position. Hence gynae is booking me in for a c-sect on my 39th week. Im really curious as to how long do ppl that undergo csect takes to recover? Not fully. Just enough to go about daily activities as per normal eg. Daily house chores etc. Lookong forward to your answers! Extremely nervous now😖 #advicepls #firsttimemom #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on pain tolerance level, wound recovering. At most including massage etc will take about 1 to 3 weeks. I do know of people that take serious care on recovering, followed by massage, using support binder then they started to do chores when they are strong, healing well enough. However, chores meaning light duty as c section need proper healing to avoid stitches from opening up.

Read more
1y ago

Thats the problem right there, my pain tolerance is extremely low. 😅 Im afraid that ill miss out on properly taking care of my newborn due to the pain.

I just had my c sect done a week ago. I am already very mobile and the pain is very minimal. i am only on Panadol as and when necessary. you can do this!

1y ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Really appreciate it alot! Hopefully ill be as strong as you. 😁 Oh! Congratz on the arrival of your newborn😊