C sec

Hello mummies Anyone can share with me more abt c sec?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

C-sect takes longer to heal; however it is also not as long and complicated as it seems. I had emergency c-sect last June 2019. I was able to walk after 3 days, showered by myself on the 4th day, painless after 2 weeks and as good as new after 2 months. I’m 5 months pp now and it’s as if I never gave birth by c-sect, sans the smiley face on my abdomen. 😂 So, recovery is really not that long. However, I still take caution by not carrying heavy things and not resuming with intensive exercises as the wound may not have healed internally.

Read more
TapFluencer

Csect delivery is quite fast, but the healing process is quite long, as it cut through many layers to bring the baby out. So internal wound will take about 2-3 yrs to heal, while external wound if taken care properly within a month won't feel any pain. Need to try come down and walk asap after delivery and not to carry heavy things. Of course at the start any sneeze or cough will definitely feel the pain.

Read more
Super Mum

The nurse will ask u to walk on 2nd day.. it will be painful but take the painkillers.. and put on the abdominal binder.. it helps to minimize our fats movement to decrease the pain.. avoid bending and carry heavy things for first 2 wk. After that will be Normal. Internal wound may take a little longer..

Read more
TapFluencer

C sec recovery can be as fast as natural as well I did not take any painkillers on day 2 onwards, start walking, bath, carry baby, all kind of daily activity on day 2 onwards too Not as bad/scary as written on web/article Not to worry too much if u've decide to go for c sec

Read more
VIP Member

C sect takes longer to heal compared to natural birth. I undergo emergency c-sect last year. You cannot carry heavy things.