bb not sleeping well

my one month old keeps getting startled awake and starts crying badly. wat shld I do?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A good tight swaddle, place those bean bags across the chest, turn on white noise (i either play from youtube, or turn on to a radio station), and just be mindful to not make noise which could startle the baby. For me, i carried or pat my baby back to sleep when he woke up started by loud noise. Anw, babies tend to hv the startle reflex. It will gradually go away naturally by 3/4months onwards.

Read more
4y ago

If u swaddle tightly, baby might be unable to do that cus his hands will be restricted to move.

Super Mum

I got this.. singapore seller (shopee), zip swaddle that’s good for newborns ($4.50 each, click the picture to see it fully). Tight and snug. Hands couldn’t come out to flail everywhere. Then I also trained my baby to be pat back to sleep.

Post reply image
4y ago

thanks! I will get this to try.

VIP Member

Babies only have a few needs. Hungry, Needs to be burped. Wants to be cuddled Wanna sleep If its day time u may have some light music at home. If at night u try swaddle tight and talk to baby telling baby its ok u r here. Assurance

Read more

Swaddling will reduce her Moro reflex the suddenly startled jerk and give her better sleep. If he/she hates swaddling you can try the bean pillow over her chest.

Swaddle. I just muslin swaddle so not too hot. Or u can also place bean pillow on baby stomach or chest, so hands or legs unable to hit and cover the face.

VIP Member

Newborns have to be hoaxed as they do not have circadian rhythm yet. Swaddling when they sleep may help. I use the lovetodream swaddle

TapFluencer

Try to swaddle her and pat her while she is crying to calm her down...maybe kind of insecure to make her awake

TapFluencer

Swaddle and use the bean sprout pillow put on the chest. Alternative use yaolan.

It could be due to colic or hungry. Try Swaddling and singing song.

Swaddling the baby would be the best thing to do right now.