7 weeks old crying badly when I wake her up from nap

Hi mummies, my baby girl is crying very badly when I woke her up during her evening nap to wipe down after sleeping for an hour. Because I don’t want her to nap too much and not sleep well at night. May I know why, am I doing anything wrong? Is there any way I can do that she won’t cry? #firsttimemum

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi dear, because she is only 7 weeks they need to sleep more, it will not effect her sleep in the night. At this stage they basically just drink, sleep n poop. 3 quarter of the time they sleeping. If u want to wipe her, do it once she is awake by herself. Wipe her than feed her n back to sleep.

newborns work differently than older children! they need to nap MORE in the day to sleep better at night in fact. so please let your little one sleep more… crying because not enough sleep! only older children then you can tire them out in the day to sleep better.

Please do not wake your sleeping baby for a wipedown, it's pointless n it may even make her sleep worse. Just wait for her to wake for the next feeding then wipe down or skip it all together if she chooses to sleep. Newborns are relatively clean

for newborn it’s different. the more they sleep in the day, the better they sleep at night. newborns’ routines and habits does not apply like older children. pls let your LO sleep more in the day

to have a better rest for urself, best to keep ur baby awake in the day. ur mental and physical health is more important

hmmm did someone recommended u to wake ur baby up midsleep? imagine u are in deep sleep and someone woke u up...

try wiping down after she wakes up for her next feed instead of waking her up for no reason..

TapFluencer

I will let them 💤 I won't wake them up