Covid 19 vaccination + Singapore reopening

Any moms caught in a dilemma like me, wondering to take the vaccination? Singapore’s reopening will put us at a greater risk, it’s also impossible not to go out or not interact with family members who head out. I am so confused but the thought of being out there unprotected is also scary. gynae strongly encourage me to take but there are also so many differing views

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, I made the decision to take it because I work in high risk settings and I’m not going to take no pay leave and stop working just because of that (although my parents were really trying very hard to convince me to). We’re definitely a vulnerable population to be pregnant in the current times of COVID, so all I wanted was to protect myself and baby. True there are potential unstudied complications w the vaccine, but based on the available information and evidence (no evidence of significant difference in rates of perinatal complications in vaccinated and unvaccinated pregnant patients thus far) so far, I made the best informed decision for myself. There are risks to both taking and not taking the vaccine, but for me, risks of not taking outweighs that of taking, so I bit the bullet. I took the Pfizer one and had no issues at all :) am now nearing my EDD and feeling much more protected than I did prior to getting vaccinated! At the end of the day, the decision is yours - situation differs from individual to individual, so weigh your pros and cons, come to a decision you feel is the safest, and most importantly be at peace with it once you’ve made it :) My advice to all mummies is to go for the vaccine (the Pfizer one has the most evidence), but you decide on your eventual choice. Hope you settle your dilemma soon!

Read more
3y ago

None at all except mild aching over injection site for the first day or two after each dose :) baby still very active and growing well at subsequent bedside scans!

I have asked my gynae dr previously when i am just around 26 weeks of pregnancy.so he told me it’s my decision and my choice,he could advise me only based on the current research and studies. I was dilemma though,at first i think of getting the vaccination only after safely delivery my baby. But, i am getting worried as i am also working as frontliner so it’s high risk of exposure due to the my work environment and couldn’t be sure if i am safe when going outside though i am very seldom going out during this pandemic. Since the local cases suddenly went up with multiple clusters, we can’t be sure if amongst them might be carrier of the viruses since they might showing no symptoms. So I finally decided to get my vaccination to protect myself and baby, at least i am vaccinated already if somehow contracted with the virus. It’s not an easy decision to make, but it’s up to you to weigh it wisely. Taken my first vaccination recently.After vaccination, i monitored myself and baby’s fetal movement. So far both of us doing good, baby’s quite active. I am now 34 weeks of pregnancy.My advice for mummies outside there after vaccination, do stay at home more and monitor your condition. If you feel unwell, do contact your gynae or go hospital in case of emergency.

Read more

I took the first dose at 16 weeks and I’m going for my second at 19 weeks it’s still some time before my EDD. I chose to take it even though I myself stay home most of the time, as my family members would also head out go about work and daily lives. If I get Covid, the medication they give me and side effects might be riskier than the vaccine itself. I also need to go into lift and go for walks for sake of exercise and my mental health, so I can only stay home that much. I also wanted my baby to get some antibodies from me for some protection. It’s a personal decision, and you should discuss it at length with your gynae.

Read more
Super Mum

Looks like you have no other choice babe. Gyne strongly encourage right? If i were u i would. Internationally, a large number of pregnant and breastfeeding women have received a COVID-19 vaccination. The Expert Committee on COVID-19 Vaccination (EC19V) has examined studies done to monitor women who were vaccinated when they were pregnant, and their babies. These studies were done on women at different trimesters of pregnancy and there is no evidence to suggest that the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine may cause harm to pregnant women or their babies.

Read more

I’m not getting it although my gynae encourage me to take. Main reason is that my pregancy is not as stable as other mummies, in a sense that i had two bleeding thus far. I’m at week 23 now. 1st bleed was on first tri together with occasional spotting, 2nd bleed was few weeks ago. Hence I don’t wanna take the risk for the vaccination. Although gynae recommend, decision is still yours, so weight the pro and cons accordingly!

Read more
3y ago

Hello all! I'm also one of those with spotting in early tri and with a lower placenta now, i doubt i will take any risks to take the jab. However i fall into those category that will need to take ART twice a wk if i don't jab by Oct :( this really worries me

sigh i am with you - in a dilemma now. i am around week 29-30 now. My gynae recommended that I take the vaccine after delivery if i can help it. She didn’t feel the research done are longitudinal enough to be conclusive. So I will bite the bullet and stay at home as much as I can for the next few weeks.

Read more

i’ve taken my first jab at 17 weeks and going for my next one in 22nd week - my personal feeling is better to make a decision based on logic rather than fear. i decided to follow advice of my gynae as i don’t really want to be the ‘lucky one’ striking covid as much as many might feel like can just take the risk

Read more
3y ago

only have sore arm after first jab, as for baby i’ve only started to feel some flutters this week so cant really tell about her being active yet! but ive scheduled my 2nd covid jab to be after my next gynae appt (also happens to be 20 week scan) so i can have a check before having full course of vaccine

im 16 weeks pregnant too...same boat with you dont know if i should take. My gynae recommended that i should but am so worried cause there is not much studies done on how it could hv side effect on the baby....plus now they are opening borders. really worried

hi not sure what week u are at but my gynae advise me to take after week 20 when the baby organ have formed. I planned to take around week 30 so that baby can be protected against covid since there's no covid vaccination for baby yet :)

I'm pregnant of 5 month can I still take the covid 19 vaccine