Covid 19 vaccination + Singapore reopening

Any moms caught in a dilemma like me, wondering to take the vaccination? Singapore’s reopening will put us at a greater risk, it’s also impossible not to go out or not interact with family members who head out. I am so confused but the thought of being out there unprotected is also scary. gynae strongly encourage me to take but there are also so many differing views

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, I made the decision to take it because I work in high risk settings and I’m not going to take no pay leave and stop working just because of that (although my parents were really trying very hard to convince me to). We’re definitely a vulnerable population to be pregnant in the current times of COVID, so all I wanted was to protect myself and baby. True there are potential unstudied complications w the vaccine, but based on the available information and evidence (no evidence of significant difference in rates of perinatal complications in vaccinated and unvaccinated pregnant patients thus far) so far, I made the best informed decision for myself. There are risks to both taking and not taking the vaccine, but for me, risks of not taking outweighs that of taking, so I bit the bullet. I took the Pfizer one and had no issues at all :) am now nearing my EDD and feeling much more protected than I did prior to getting vaccinated! At the end of the day, the decision is yours - situation differs from individual to individual, so weigh your pros and cons, come to a decision you feel is the safest, and most importantly be at peace with it once you’ve made it :) My advice to all mummies is to go for the vaccine (the Pfizer one has the most evidence), but you decide on your eventual choice. Hope you settle your dilemma soon!

Read more
3y ago

None at all except mild aching over injection site for the first day or two after each dose :) baby still very active and growing well at subsequent bedside scans!