Covid vaccine-when to take it?

Currently I'm in my 6th week, and I have not took my vaccine yet. Consult my gynae and she said, it's ok to take anytime during the pregnancy. But she mentioned some mommies prefer to wait til 2nd trimester. And I've heard stories of stillborn babies when mommy contacted COVID-19. I'm so worried and confused at the same time. Mommies out there, those vaccinated and not, do give me your thoughts. Thanks...

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i was afraid and unsure too. Because i had a missed miscarriage and this is my second pregnancy even after my gynea told me its okay for me to take the vaccine. It took me long enough to consider it. but i read and search alot about which dose to take. i choose pfizer as i read alot of mummies took pfizer. After my 1st vaccine jab which was 1st oct not even two weeks i get my flu Jab which gynea recommended and my 2nd jab on 22 oct. now im just waiting for next checkup which is on 01 nov. i still feel all the pregnancy symptoms and I'm now 19 week plus. Take your time think through discuss with your partner or family. If my suggestion its better to take for your own preventive and if you dont take it may take a very long time for you to go anywhere since now its more strictly unvaccinated cant dine in anywhere or go anywhere. So yeap. i believe its not fun being pregnant and stay home all the wayyy right. so yeahhh all the best mummy ❤

Read more

Hi mummy! Congrats on your pregnancy 😊 like most mummies mentioned here, I waited till I was in 2nd trim to get myself vaxxed and got green light from gynae. I took the Moderna vaccine, was initially worried abt the side effects of the 2nd dose (I got cold chills, 38deg fever and felt fatigued for 1.5 days). just need to rest and drink plenty of water. Pls do get vaccinated, as I know of 2 preggy friends who're currently COVID+ and partially vaccinated, in critical condition.

Read more

I've taken the vaccine at 13 weeks after reading that getting covid may clot up the placenta and will need immediate delivery. if it happens before 28 weeks, there will be low chance of survival. Side effects of vaccine vs termination. I chose the choice i think i wont regret. Please make your own decision and don't let others sway you. there is nothing wrong with both choices. just do what sits well with you.

Read more

I'm currently 20 weeks and fully vaccinated before getting pregnant. Had a positive pregnancy with an ivf baby 2 mnths after the 2 jabs. Now gov wants us to have the booster jab. Seeing my obs, she even suggested to take more jabs on top of the covid booster. Flu jab and Tdap jab. I didn't knw got so many jabs to take during pregnancy. I took all shots one week apart. I feel fine and baby is growing well too.

Read more
3y ago

hi mummy, so you took booster already? how was it? my situation is similar to you, preg after getting both jabs. but hesitant to take booster now.

Hi, for me i took 1jab on 24week (2nd trimester) and 2jab today on 28week. with a thought baby organ has been develop & covid case keep increase. Furthermore, read some article about covid vaccine too, that vaccine able to give an antibodi to mom & baby. And hope stories of stillborn baby won’t happen, so bravely prevent it with take covid vaccine.. 🙏🏻

Read more

Hello! I got my Whopping Cough vaccine the same week as I took my first jab of Pfizer on 29 weeks. The symptoms that I had were sore arm, that's all. Rest the whole day and feeling better the next day. My second jab will be next week which I'm 32 weeks. Hoping I won't down with a fever.

I took my first jab at 36weeks judging on the rise of the covid cases ; the risk outweighs the side effect. My second jab falls on my due date which doc suggest to defer. It is better that to partially vax than not vax at all. 💪🏻💪🏻stay strong mummies.

I got both doses in my first trimester and I was fine. 1st at 6 weeks and 2nd at 11 weeks. I didn't have any side effects except lethargy and felt fine. I personally think the risks of getting COVID are worse so I got vaccinated.

I waited till i reach 2nd tri too . If ur gynea says its okey . Then i guess its safer to get the vaccine . Contracted with the virus but vaccinated is better then contracted w/o vaccine .

excersize