Covid 19 vaccination + Singapore reopening

Any moms caught in a dilemma like me, wondering to take the vaccination? Singapore’s reopening will put us at a greater risk, it’s also impossible not to go out or not interact with family members who head out. I am so confused but the thought of being out there unprotected is also scary. gynae strongly encourage me to take but there are also so many differing views

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have asked my gynae dr previously when i am just around 26 weeks of pregnancy.so he told me it’s my decision and my choice,he could advise me only based on the current research and studies. I was dilemma though,at first i think of getting the vaccination only after safely delivery my baby. But, i am getting worried as i am also working as frontliner so it’s high risk of exposure due to the my work environment and couldn’t be sure if i am safe when going outside though i am very seldom going out during this pandemic. Since the local cases suddenly went up with multiple clusters, we can’t be sure if amongst them might be carrier of the viruses since they might showing no symptoms. So I finally decided to get my vaccination to protect myself and baby, at least i am vaccinated already if somehow contracted with the virus. It’s not an easy decision to make, but it’s up to you to weigh it wisely. Taken my first vaccination recently.After vaccination, i monitored myself and baby’s fetal movement. So far both of us doing good, baby’s quite active. I am now 34 weeks of pregnancy.My advice for mummies outside there after vaccination, do stay at home more and monitor your condition. If you feel unwell, do contact your gynae or go hospital in case of emergency.

Read more