low hb and viramins

hi mommies..i took my vit C, b complex and folic acid but i didn't take ferous fumerate as it makes me feel nauseated and vomitted. Is it ok not to take ferous fumerate? my Hb during last check up was 9.3 mmol/L ?

5 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

hi. ferrous fumerate is actually iron tablets. what u need for your hb is actually iron and vitamin c helps absorb the iron efficiently. there are many more other haematinic supplements that helps with anaemia other than this. there are zincofer, iberet, obimon and maltofer. iberet and obimin is a tablet that looks a lot like panadol menstrual, zincofer is in capsule form, while maltofer is in chewable or syrup form and tastes more like a candy some people said as you could chew it. during your check up you should tell your nurse/midwife/doctor/physician/gynae that you can't tolerate with the vitamins given to you and be specific which that you can't tolerate most. they would prescribe you with other available type of vitamin and help you change it until you get whichever that is suitable for you. also consider reviewing your diet. get more irons/zinc from red meat, animal organs, spinach, clam (kerang), green veggies. and also vitamin c such as juices, fruit and veggies. lessen you caffeine intake such as coffee, tea, milo, coke. make sure you take your milk 2-4 hours apart from your vitamins intake as it does affect the iron absorption but as we do need calcium, so we shouldn't cut down our milk intake. you can also have your milk after every main meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Baca lagi

ferrous fumerate contains iron and b complex and folic acids are to help with its absorbtion. Cannot depend only on eating high iron diet. Some people just have lower hb during pregnancy despite eating lots of green veges and high iron food. You can try: - ask dr to change ferrous fumerate with another iron booster - drink citrus drinks with the pill to make it less nauseated - take it before bed so that you dont have to focus on the taste so much.

Baca lagi

I never took all those medicine i just eat something healtier like vegie, fruit that can make my hb in normal rage.. I have 2 kids n all time im pregnant i never take it.. N my Hb is normal n in prefect condition..

if u cant take it, try to ask from your ob to change your iron booster. u cant simply skip it since u are having anemia. and this is not okay for your baby..