Jaundice test

Hi mommies, with the current situation do you still send your newborn for the jaundice test at Polyclinic? I feel that our newborn is too fragile n exposed with the frequent visits to the clinic.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I would follow the doctor’s instructions, honestly. Because if the levels are extremely high or increasing, there’s a chance of brain damage to baby or a sign of liver issues respectively. In my case, when the levels were falling, I did “bargain” with the doctor to postpone the next appointment by 1-2 days. Heh. But that was because the levels were falling nicely and the cause of the jaundice was definitely breastmilk jaundice

Read more
4y ago

If tomorrow’s levels are coming down nicely, try bargaining about the next visit. Heh. I use the baby carrier and let baby face me too, so that she’s exposed to less droplets

Yes i did until he is cleared. They actually requested to come everyday but I went 2 days straight n then waited 5 days for the next one (to make sure the jaundice level is down so i don’t have to keep going back). You can skip the queue to enter with a newborn and then go straight to the clinic area to wait.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for the advice mommy!

My bby boy newborn 1 week 2 times visit poly till now going 4 month they send to kkh to further check up

4y ago

Jaudince is so dangerous

Yes, pls. Polyclinics have the measures in place and i have take my LO on the follow up reviews.

Yes please, prolonged jaundice is dangerous

VIP Member

yes need to go.