post c sect pain

Hi mommies wanted to ask if its normal to still feel a pulling pain and gnawing pain 5 weeks post csect? The pain is actually below the belly button and its the whole stretch of it. Im not to sure wether to see a dr or not. Hope you can share your thoughts. Thank you.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I dont experience that but i remember that the hospital did arrange for follow up about 5 weeks post csection to check the wound. Maybe you have that appointment too then can use the opportunity to check with doctor.

4y ago

Yeah maybe cuz i only got one appointment

C section wounds tend to heal longer and we have to watch our food intake. I took essence of fish to make the wound heal faster and avoid food that may cause the wound to itch

4y ago

Im taking jellygamat what food should i avoid in order not to itch?

I only felt sensitive sensation instead of gnawing pain. My masseuse said its normal because the nerves around the wound is healing back.. Other than that no major pain..

4y ago

Take care!

I felt pain at 1mpp. After 6m, suddenly jerk also will feel pain. The exterior scar may look healed but the internal scar are still healing.

VIP Member

By 5 weeks, I was mostly back to a state of non-pain most of the time. Best to check with doctor if these pains are affecting daily life.

4y ago

Will be seeing my dr this feb from there will.ask thank u mommy

Shouldn't have tis feeling. I have 3 children all c sect. U should give a call to doc. If needed then go n see.

Super Mum

Depends what kind of pain. If sharp and prolonged, better see dr.

4y ago

Thanks mommy will be seeing my dr this feb also from there will.ask for now no more pain a bit but not like the first few weeks

Hey, Better to consult ye doc for this

VIP Member

Do consult your gynaecologist asap take care!

4y ago

Thanks mommy will do

TapFluencer

Pls see the doc if the pain persists.

4y ago

Thank you mummy