delivery chsrges

Hi mommies usually under subsidised for KKH normal delivery how much is e cost roughly ya????any idea as i need to set aside $$

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depends on your residential status as well as the ward you select. You can check the KKH website for details. There is a link to calculate estimate cost by selecting your residential status and type of delivery. You can also check with the staff at KKH. They will give you a paper with all details. You can also check out the available wards virtually. Each describes the facilities available. Do note that B2+ ward is temporarily unavailable. They do not conduct maternity ward tour due to covid. I am myself looking for personal experience regarding from mommies who gave birth recently

Read more

usually for subsidised you dont have to pay upfront cash. unless you opt for private ward. A1-1 bedded about 2.2k and B1-4 bedded about 1.6k roughly for normal delivery. (air-conditioned/toilet inside/TV) for ward B2/C-6 bedded no upfront cash only deduction of medisave. (fan/toilet outside/no tv) there's another ward B2* 5 bedded but i heard it is temporarily closed during this covid19 period. this is also under subsidised but upfront cash is about $100-200 only. air-conditioned, toilet inside but only no TV.

Read more
VIP Member

Depends on the ward your choose etc. Best to talk to the admininstative staff there.

Friend went to NUH, and after medisave, she didn’t have to pay at all?!?!?

may I ask if this is inclusive of health insurance?

VIP Member

U can take a look at kkh website. Quite comprehensive.

VIP Member

I don’t think need to pay after deduct Medisave

Super Mum

Are you a Singaporean citizen/PR? Do you have medisave?

4y ago

B2 is 6 bedder. Think you actually sort out the financial stuff on discharge, and they’ll give you the option of Medisave and/or cash/card payments. In your 3rd trimester, they should also do financial counseling with you to give you an estimate of the bill:)

VIP Member

Subsidized , c ward - my friend didn’t pay anything

4y ago

6 bedded. She only paid with medisave

Depends your wards and for me all paid by medi save

4y ago

C