Pregnancy pillow

Hi mommies! Ive been having difficulties sleeping through the night, especially lying on my left. I find that my tummy hurt alot one night after sleeping on my left, and ended up lying on my back is the only way i can sleep right now. Does a pregnancy pillow really help to solve this issue? And any recommendation on firm pregnancy pillow?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1st to 2nd early tri still okay to sleep on your back/tummy. but if you are at the 3rd tri better sleep on your sides cause apparently sleeping on your back could lead to higher chances of stillbirth. Have to experiment which pregnancy pillow would better suit you. I have tons of normal pillows and 3 pregnancy pillow to swoop around. on bad days, have to sit and sleep instead.. Try to take a soft small pillow to put it under your tummy when you are lying on your side to elevate your tummy, this would help ease the pain on your back too when you go in to the later part of 3rd tri. cause it's only gonna get harder when your tummy grows bigger. Invest on pregnancy pillow, you wouldnt regret it. It could also act as a support should you choose to breastfeed after birth. so its quite worth it. And not too expensive.

Read more

I have tons of pillows. Just mine alone in bed. Couldn't sleep through my 1st trimester and it was so bad that there are times I felt like crying. So I bought this very affordable pillow at Shopee which costs me less than $12 with adjustable strap so you can adjust according to your tummy size. I think this suits for 1st & 2nd tri. Not sure if I've hit the 3rd tri this will help as tummy will be bigger then.

Read more
Post reply image

I got a Hugsie pillow (those long and flat J shaped ones) and it works for me. But it's the soft kind. Some people use those wedge pillow to support their tummy. Mothercare sells them, or you can find from Qoo10 (My Brest Friend wedge pillow). May need to experiment a bit to find what works for you.

Read more

Hi, Yes the Hugsy pillow is really helpful in having sound sleep. You can explore various options at Shopee and Lazada

My husband bought this from tabao for me. It very comfortable and I can sleep well through the night.

Post reply image

I also use hugsie pillow and it works for me. I got another U shape pillow from taobao too

VIP Member

Thankfully I Never had any sleep woes