Induced Labour Experience

Hi mommies! I'm soooo excited for the arrival of my firstborn! I'm at 37 weeks today and during my checkup , doctor told me that he will be inducing labour on my 40th week. Next checkup onwards will be checking cervix for dilations. My question is : 1) is it painful to go through induced labour compared? 2) There's no underlying health issue for both me & baby but doctor suggested for induced labour as he said he doesn't want to me to wait too long and doesn't want baby to overgrow , is it okay to just go with the flow? (First time mum so idk what is it like) 3) how long does Induced labour take (the process & stay at hospital) 4) I'm a subsidised patient at kkh and have yet to meet with anyone in regards to my admission and etc, will this be done on the admission day itself? Any tips/advises for me? All inputs welcomed ? TIA

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was induced for my first child too. for me not pain.. just the labour took so long 😌 I have a very high pain tolerance.. I don’t feel contractions either although the doctor told me that my contractions is so crazy from the chart. It is ok to induced. I don’t have health problem too nor my baby. the reason why your doctor doesn’t want your baby to overgrow.. it will be hard for you to push the baby out... some if baby too big.. they need to go for csection. Annnnnd yea labour will be long cause it’s induced.. the baby doesn’t want to come out yet 😅 I was admitted 4 days.. I gave birth on the 3rd day. For admission.. all will be done on that day. No worries.. they will tell you all the details.

Read more
4y ago

Wow. It must be soo great to have high pain tolerance. Mine is soooo veryyy low.