No Breastmilk, Does Hormone Affect Your Breastmilk?

It's been 4 weeks after gave birth to my baby girl and my breastmilk is so little. At most is only 10-20ml. I took Confinement meals, tried massaging and pumping every 3 hours for 30mins with electronic and manual breastpump, eat lactation cookies, and took those tea that can help boost milk supply. But do all this, my milk supply still less. Can hormones actually affect your breastmilk?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes stress can affect milk supply. Try to do power pump (20 mins pump,10 mins rest,10 mins pump,10 mins rest, 10 mins pump) for 2 times a day. And one of the best time to get more milk is about 2-4am in the morning. Manual pump for 30 mins can be quite tiring so I would suggest you to use double electric pump! Make sure you’re using the right flange that fit perfectly. You can also try to take fenugreek supplement about $10-$15(100pills in a bottle) in Carousell. Drink lots of waterr. Try to look at baby pictures while pumping! Might help!

Read more

I was same as u, my milk supply only started on week 4, before that totally 0ml. Week 4 on i have 10ml..now i am 3 month and each pump has about 80ml when combined. Hang in there, try increasing speed of pump and try various method see what works for you. For instance i realise lactatation cookie helped me a little, inceease abt 10ml

Read more

Hi you can try lactation products from https://legendairymilk.sg Heard it’s very good! I’m expecting my first child so haven’t personally tried it but have heard lots of good reviews and it works :) Don’t stress and I’m sure you can increase your production soon! :) all the best !

I had low supply too.. recently found out abt this.. maybe u can read up abt it... "insufficient glandular tissue"

4y ago

Oh dear... When I looked it up, almost the same as what I went through. Thanks!

VIP Member

Yes it does. Please consult lactation consultant. It might not be because of food anymore

TapFluencer

i believe stress was the main cause of my low bm supply... nothing helped

4y ago

Same for me tho...

Super Mum

Try power pumping

TapFluencer

Stress also affects

4y ago

I guessed I was too stress during my pregnant...