ML too early

Hi mommies, This is my first pregnancy and i started my ML at 36 weeks reading from MOM’s suggestion to take a month before edd and now i am regretting it because it feels such a waste, knowing i have less time spent for my NB. I should have asked for HL before taking ML I am currently going 39 weeks now and waiting for my NB to arrive. I feel so sad at the thought of only 3 months being with my NB before i start working again. Anyone share the same experience as i do? And how do you cope going back to work, being away from your baby? 🙁

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Aww .. I actually ask my gyane, when I should start taking leave . I wanted her to give me hospitalisation leave but she didn’t offer , so I was pai seh to ask explicitly for it . I initially wanted take 2 weeks before my EDD but she mention since I WFH, 1 week before is good enough even if I want work till last day of EDD also can. So i just took 1 week and 2 day ahead To my gyane, if I have nth to do I will be overly anxious , just curious if u discuss with your gayne beforehand ?

Read more
2y ago

I think gynae also do plays a part on it. Like my case, my gynae issued to WFO “MC” as I am having some fainting spells at 2nd trimester. Luckily my company accepted it.. My gynae also issue me HL 2 weeks before my EDD cos she thought my baby coming soon (dilated) but my baby just happily enjoying herself in me throughout e whole HL.. 😅

I faced the same issue where my company made me take ML 4 weeks before EDD even though gynea is willing to give hospitalization leave. It’s disappointing but according to MOM default guidelines, there is little we can do.

2y ago

Yes, because it says “mutual agreement” isn’t it? 😞

I got HL from my gyane (Mt Alvernia) and he will extend it until my delivery date. I was not hospitalized. So I'll have 2 months paid HL plus 4 months paid ML when the baby comes.

Even though i started my ml only after i delivered, the time spent still feels short. She started going ifc around 5 mths..so i feel u!

If it makes you feel better, non citizen only gets 3 months of ML in total and one month of it is unpaid leave.. 🥲

I took early maternity leave as well as hospital cannot issue hospital leave unless you're admitted

2y ago

Sound like your is a Govt hospital? They will only issue HL if you’re admitted irregardless if is private or sub patients.. And also it’s depending on gynae for some private hospital..