Is it too early to take HL?

My gynae is very nice and said he would put me on HL if my company is alright with it. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant but with the nature of my job (I'm a Preschool Teacher) it is very physically, emotionally and mentally draining. My body feels like it is being drained of energy everyday. I don't get much sleep at night because of leg cramps and back pains and my working hours are long and demanding. I have shared with other colleagues about wanting to apply for HL in Sept but have been given mixed reactions. One colleague in particular mentioned she has been pregnant before and pushed through till her delivery date. Sometimes I feel is it I am just being weak? Or should I listen to my body and request for early HL (almost 2 months before EDD)? #pleasehelp #advicepls #firstbaby #firstmom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should take it if you feel unwell. Listen to your body. Not everyone is the same. I am probably like your colleague, pretty okay throughout my pregnancy at 27 weeks now. But so what? Doesn’t mean someone else is having a good time like us. So if you feel tired, and need rest, please just take it. Afterall, it’s to keep you and baby well. Don’t let your colleague influence you. I’ve heard of mummies who even get to hospital with contractions and pop in an hour, but also have friends who has contractions but only delivered more than 24 hours later. So how is it a good comparison just because we are or were preggers before! 💙 hope you’ll be able to recuperate physically, emotionally and mentally with the HL!

Read more

hi. im also a childcare teacher for infant. is your gynae subsidy or private? im now gg to be 28 months and i have gestational diabetes so i have to control my sugar. imagine no engine after every 3 hours and need to snack. thinking of to take HL but im still under subside.

2y ago

I say go for it if you think you need it. it's your body and health. If you continue to be drained due to work, it may affect the baby. Discuss with your hub and talk to your boss. Perhaps your boss could lighten your workload or take 1 month HL before EDD? For consideration.

different mummies experience pregnancies differently. doesn’t mean she can push through means you should too! listen to your body, the pregnancy is yours and should be more important. don’t let her make you feel lousy.

hi sis.. may I know which gynae you go to? can you recommend? cuz my gynae is super stingy as I'm suffering for tunnel syndrome but she thinks it's a norm. & furthermore mine is under kkh private patient