HL before ML

Hi, wanted to know if it is possible to request for HL 2 weeks before usinf ML to rest? I have planned on using MC and AL to rest from work and use the remaining weeks to rest by HL and once baby born i'll use ML. i read the posts here that some gynae do not give HL.. 🙃 #pleasehelp

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My gynae very strict, she doesn't give me HL because i don't have any pregnancy risk and is healthy to work. My gynae(female) suggested me talk with my boss to wfh on january onwards till my edd which is feb after i told her my long distance travel to work and back home. she did mention about wfh memo letter if my boss need it. #privateclinic

Read more
4mo ago

I think I can guess the name of the doctor 😅

I ask my gynae when I'm 33 weeks. Can I have HL till my due date. He said can't. Coz will continue with HL. Gov will checked. He can give only 1-2 weeks before due date. P.s. I under private hospital. It depends on your gynae and your situation with pregnancy.

I have been on HL since 32 weeks cos I asked my gynae. he said he can give 2 weeks at a time which he has done so. now I'm 34 weeks and he has extended again for 3 weeks till 37 weeks. and he will extend accordingly till I deliver in 2nd week of Feb 2024

im working in a non pregnancy friendly environment and my gynae was so reluctant to give HL but after much negotiation, she gave in anyways! cos its a hands on job and theres no way for WFH 🥲

I asked my gynae previously if can give me HL from Week 35 onwards but he said only from Week 36 onwards so I'm gonna ask him again 😅

hello, it really depends on ur gynae. usually private gynae more willing to give HL. if u are under public e.g. kkh sgh then more difficult.

4mo ago

okay can, thankyou🫶🏻

I was given HL till week 35 due to low lying baby. Memo from gynae to work from home sounds more plausible