Breastfeed/Formula(3 week Newborn)

Hi, do any mommies doing breastfeed & formula when baby is not yet 1 month old? I feel useless as I can't produce much milk & felt like i depend on formula more. Furthermore, not sure when is baby done with breastfeeding...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I felt you cause I was like you when my baby was born...I didn’t produce lots of milk until my baby’s jaundice was getting worse..So, i mix formula milk and breastmilk for 2 months but use more formula until jaundice gone (in that time, i felt useless as mother but my best friend told me that giving breastmilk/formula milk didn’t define good mother or no cause journey of being mother is still long as long as we’ve tried and it has already awesome) the truth is our baby needs happy mother cause they can feel our feeling..i can fully breastfeeding after 2 months..hang on mommy 💪🏼you’re great mom ❤️ I 🤱 max 30 minutes (15 minutes/each breast)

Read more
2y ago

after jaundice , do you still formula? how much formula do you give the max? felt so useless that i cant BF, which is painful & i'm scared of my baby will get dehydrated if i depend only on BF, as my baby was admitted before due to dehydration(depend on BF) and jaundice level that was too high. btw thank you so much for your comforting comment. may everything goes smoothly for you always :))