hi mommas, any of you encounter your sil pointing @ your colostrum and said it's dirty milk? my sil pointed at the colostrum that leaks out and I collected it, and almost scream that it's dirty milk. for a moment I feel like going up and tape her mouth. she's very ignorant, but acts like she knows everything. BTW, she's attached but not married and no kids.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Omg just ignore her! Ignorant people are usually the loudest talkers. Breastmilk is never dirty and I find it very offensive when she says that. Colostrum is rich in immunoglobulins, which protect infants from viruses and infections. I haven't encountered the exact same situation but I've heard lots of ignorant statements from people who have never lived through or experienced certain things but they act like they are the premier experts. Just ignore her. No point getting angry over ignorance. If you can't ignore her, let her read this article: http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvdecjan05p123.html

Read more

Oh dear.. What a way to show off her lack of knowledge. Take deep breaths and just ignore her. It's always tough putting up with comments from relatives and friends who thinks that they know better... when in fact.... Don't worry.. we all know how precious colostrum is.. disregard her comment..

Read more
VIP Member

Just 'hahaha' and walk away.