Regarding Work Issues

Hi mom's, I wanna share my little frustration. Starting from tomorrow 2nd June 2020,there will be more occupier coming in the building. So I was told by my manager that I'm require to help scan people temperature if the queue is long. We have deployed security team to do and I am not sure why my manager still insist saying we must help security team to scan temperature. I'm around 3months pregnant and I personally feel is not necessary to help because I'm expose to the risk. Can I get some advise here?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If your supervisor is still insistent, you might want to speak with your HR and see if theres special concession for being pregnant and not working in the front line. Anyway I've been on front line service doing temperature checks and close contact with hundreds of strangers on a daily basis while being pregnant so it's really not much of an issue but then again it's up to individual comfort level.

Read more
VIP Member

I think you can talk to your manager that you are pregnant i.e. considered to be in the vulnerable group and ask to be excluded for this duty.

4y ago

Yeah he knew that I'm preggy and I even trying to escape by saying I'll swap with his shift by going later to work. He insisted that is part of our duty and needed to assist. To be honest I don't see there is a need to assist as we have security team and their leader there. We have brief them beforehand.