Taking a break from work?

Hello everyone, i’m a first time mum working as a customer service officer. Due to the stress of my job and how i’m not coping well physically in the first tri, i have thought on taking a break from work. I’ve used up all my MCs as well. I’m just wondering if i do quit and rest will there be a company who will hire pregnant mum’s? Or will the chance be slim? I’m so stressed thinking abt this cos i feel like my manager doesn’t understand. I hope some of you can help me out with my concern. #pleasehelp #firsttimemom #worried

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do u still have leave? I think u are overwhelmed now and perhaps a few days of leave can help u to recharge a little. Preg mom will have difficulties to get a new job unless u are looking for a part time like really temporary with hourly rate kind. That also depends on the company whether they want to take u in.

Read more
1y ago

no more leaves and mc :( before i got pregnant i had severe cases of liver infection. it’ll cause me to get high fever at least once a month for the past 6 months. so all of that is gone.

some private gynae would give HL in replacement of MC for mummies to have sufficient rest!

1y ago

yes i’ve heard about that but unfortunately i’m under subsidy for now. am so sad and tired every time i have work and i keep on vomiting like nobody’s business.