Celebrating MOMS all day everyday 😍

Share your mom's best advice in our contest. 🌟💡 👆 for details: https://community.theasianparent.com/contest/mothers-day-2023-x-mimosa/1885

Celebrating MOMS all day everyday 😍
74 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The Best Advice that My Mom's once told me and Kept me stronger. When I was pregnant with my little peanut, She always told me na hindi madali ang papasukin ko'ng bagong journey ng buhay ko. Na hindi madali ang pagiging mommy at asawa. Pero masaya at pinaka masarap sa pakiramdam. Lagi nya'ng sinasabi saakin na, ang pagiging mommy daw ay 24/7, walang rest day, walang day off. Hindi ito mainit na kanin na kapag sinubo mo ay pupwede mo'ng iluwa. Tulad nalang din ng sinasabi saatin ng ibang mas nakaka tanda saatin. Na hindi ito as easy as 123. Pero sa lahat ng maeexperience mo sa pagiging Mommy, and pagiging ilaw ng tahanan ay ang pinaka masarap na experience sa buhay mo. Palagi niya'ng sinasabi na i-enjoy ko ang bawat segundo na naaalagaan ko ang anak ko, kahit nakakapagod. Dahil darating ang araw na hindi na ito mag papaalaga saakin. Kasi siyempre nga naman, lalaki at mag kakaroon din ng sariling buhay at pamilya ang anak ko. Palagi niya'ng sinasabi na alagaan at ipakita ko'ng mahal na mahal ko ang anak ko. Kasi siya, as a single parent, mahirap daw para sakanya ang naging situation namin. At ayaw niya'ng mangyari saakin ang naranasan nya. Lahat naman siguro ng ina, ayaw mangyari sa mga anak nila ang mga napagdaanan nilang hirap sa buhay. Hindi 'ba? Pero gayo'n pa man, nairaos ako ng Mom ko ng mag isa. Hehe Masyadon'ng advance mag bigay ng advice ang mom ko. Siguro kasi siyempre sa lahat ng naranasan nya't lalo pa eh siya ang tumayo'ng nanay at tatay ko. At nakakatuwa na binabahagi nya saakin ang mga ito. At mas nakakatuwa dahil ngayon, mas naiintindihan ko ang lahat ng sacrifices ng mom ko saakin. And yes!, totoo nga. Hindi madali at walang pahinga. Pero mommies, yung malaan mo lahat ng oras mo for your child is mas higit pa sa pahinga'ng kailangan mo. Ang sarap sarap sa feeling. Lagi ko'ng tine-treasure ang bawat segundo na kalaro, kausap, kasama ko ang baby ko. This' really made me whole. Wala naman'g perpekto'ng pamilya o magulang. Pero hangga't kaya'ng ibigay ang best, ibibigay para sa anak. Hindi lang para sa anak, para 'rin sa pamilya. Palagi 'rin niya'ng sinasabi saakin na, dapat laging nakaapak ang paa sa lupa. Dahil ito ang mag bibigay sayo ng respeto at galang na galing sa ibang tao. Nakatatak saakin lahat ng advice ni mommy bago niya ako hinayaang mamuhay kasama ang sarili ko'ng pamilya. Dahil sabi nya, ito ang pinaka malaking bagay na maipapamana niya saakin. 😊 And I am very happy and proud, that I have a strong Mom like her. 🥰 Thank's 'ma! You are the reason why I am still here, fighting and all your advices made me more stronger. 🥹 I love you, Mommy. 🩷 Happy Mother's Day to all the Super Mom's! 💐 Mabuhay po tayo'ng lahat!

Read more
VIP Member

The best advice my mother gave me is life is like a butterfly cycle. 1. Egg stage its when you're inside my tummy (battle of the fittest and you survived, you're the strongest). 2. Caterpillar its the feeding stage, it's when you're in the world, a pupil/student this time you have to learn everything that you need in order for you to survive this harsh world. 3. Pupa is the transition stage where you will have to learn how to apply the lessons that you have learnt, its the time to bring out the best in you (the values that we taught you). 4. Adult or reproductive stage, it's time to train and share the lessons you've learned to your kids and everyone around you. It's time to give a positive impact on everyone you will encounter in this life. Mom also said that: Remember a life that shows forth the glory of God in everything, is a life worth living. Always do your best to glorify God and His blessings will always follow you. Never ever compare yourself with others, you're different from the rest and they're different from you. You cannot compare a tomato from an avocado, they both have different use. If I have not been good enough, i want you to exert so much effort to be better than me. If I'm not always there for you, always be there for your kids. Whatever you wish me to be, be that... for your kids and for everyone around you. Always put GOD first in everything you do. Happy mother's day to all the mothers. God is our strength and he will see us through.

Read more

Perfect advice my MOTHER has taught me: 'M'om is not just a word 'O'r a name, It's someone you 'T'rust and gives you 'H'ope. With her love, 'E'ven on a bad day, you have 'R'easons to smile 😊 Back then, life was tougher when my Mama was born hearing-impaired. She was not fortunate and things was not as smooth bringing me up like how others would normally. Nevertheless, I am thankful till this day she never fails to provide unconditional love and selfless care. Never being too busy or too tired. Despite all, what and how she went through those difficult times and managed to work things out. Myself as a mom, I'hv learnt to slow down, embrace the present moment with my girl, watch her growing and hitting her new milestones is my biggest achievement as a parent. Each morning with her biggest smiles, waiting to be scoop up from her cot and greet with a kiss. These memories forever etched in my heart. Motherhood is amazing! Also delicating this to my bestfriend, my sister, my brave warrior and now a grandma! I love you Mama!🤱🏻To all strong mama warriors out there!

Read more

My mom’s advice: Always talk to the baby at all times to engage myself with my little one. Ensure that i am letting the little one i am always there for him. I should always put him first before myself as he is growing inside of me. I should ensure that i am properly taking care of myself and not to strain much and have much rest as i can ever take. As the weeks go by, i should take better and more nutritional foods in order to protect the baby’s growth. She always remind me of how strong i am to be able to carry a life inside of me. As i am no longer 1 body but 2. She will constantly remind me that even if i made a mistake or two i can learn as nobody has perfected motherhood and all mothers are still learning. I wanna take this moment to remind all mothers and all women that we are strong and it doesn’t matter if we are gifted to bear a child, as long as we give the care, love and time to a new life, we can do anything in life.

Read more

Hi there ! Am a mummy of 2 and I like to share my own pearls … The things I learnt is to give yourself some S.L.A.C.K! :-) 1. *self* care - particularly first few months of birth. Just take it slow , relax and don’t be overly stressed. 2. *let* go , we are human . Don’t need to feel guilty . Mistakes little ones are just not going to be remembered . What’s key is to be present , and to enjoy every moment as it soon will pass… 3. *acknowledge* support* ! Even if it’s a different kind of care , trust is necessary . It’s ok to just take a rest and recharge and let others help! 4. Stay *calm* even when things seem to go wrong… The calmness not just help our well-being but also the little one can sense calmness . 5. *Keep* going . Don’t give up. It’s a long journey we are on as mothers so just extend some *SLACK*! Hope the above helps :-)

Read more

The best advice my mother told me is, in life they are many challenging things that i will go through, pregnant for the first time need a lot of effort, i must learn how my body were changing, i must accept that im not a single woman anymore im going to be a mother, i must learn how to be a proper mother , learn about parenting, learn about proper nutrition ,learn about how to manage children,she told me to be a positive women who never turning back & must moving forward no matter what happen. and last but not least she told me she will always be there by my side for me no matter what happen and she said " i love you so much my daughter it may be earlier to said but mama wish u a happy mother day and hoping my daughter & grandchild were happy & having a safe delivery in disember soon", once a mother always a mother

Read more
Post reply image

Best advice from my mum : there’s no way to be the perfect mum but a million way to be a good one. Only you will know your kid best! Just follow your heart and grow with her~ As I embark on motherhood which includes many wonderful sweet moments, but it's also hard work, no doubt. It's the logistics more than anything. But I discover that the smile from your little one is all you need to remove the tiredness, the rough days and that I have reserves of energy I didn't know I had to get through each day. In fact, it made me more appreciative of my own mum, for all the sacrifices she had made to love us unconditionally. Just a shout out to all the mummies/mummy to be out there, Happy Mother’s Day to u. We will be able to weather through the storm n see the rainbow 🌈 Stay strong, you are never alone!

Read more

One of the best advice my mother gave is that, walang pahinga ang pagiging Nanay, pero palagi, at palaging sa anak kumuha ng lakas bukod sa Diyos. Mapapagod, mahihirapan, maiiyak, pero hindi dapat sukuan kasi walang ibang may kayang gumawa ng mga bagay na kayang gawin ng isang Nanay. Palaging ingatan at huwag pabayaan ang sarili dahil kailangan tayo ng mga anak natin, at sa atin sila kumukuha ng lakas ng loob. If only I could be even just half as much as a mother like mine, napakalaking bagay na. Napakaselfless, napakaunconditional magmahal. Ngayon na I am a first time mom, I realized everything.. Alam ko na malaki ang role ng mga nanay before pero ngayon na isa na rin akong nanay, grabe pala. Grabe pala ang sakripisyo ng isang ina. Nanays are the best people God has ever created 💕

Read more

I would like to share my mom best advise (PART I) and my own pearls (PART II). (PART I) Mom is always our best pillar of support! 💕 My mom told me that she loves me unconditionally, no matter what. If anything happens, remember the door is always open for you. I will always be here for you. With the advise above, it gives me confidence that one day if anything fail, I know I have someone behind supporting me. (PART II) Gone are the days where women have to suffer in silence. If you are feeling down, rant it out, we have a strong community to help each other. Women are empowered now. Be that women you want to be! Take good care of yourself, your mind and your health. Happy Mother’s Day to all Super Moms!

Read more

Best advice from mom was “Always follow your heart and be true to yourself!” ❤️ This stuck with me till today. On occasions where I have tough decisions to make, rather than logical reasoning, I always choose to follow my heart but at the same time be truthful with within myself. And I am definitely proud to say I’m happy with where I am today. Be it with relationships (Am a happy mother with a rainbow newborn who just arrived on 5.5 and a happy wife with an ever supportive spouse), with career (not earning the top of the tier but am comfortable where I am with earnings and awesome colleagues plus work-life balance to care for my little one), with health (pink of health and am grateful)! 🥰🥰🥰

Read more