2nd hand cloth diaper

My mil insist let my baby use 2nd cloth diaper. And it's has been used by a few baby from her relative... I can't accept becuz of hygiene. What do u thk? Issit common?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If you’re into cloth diapering, there are many people selling and also using second hand ones to try before committing. There’s a community on FB, search under Cloth Diapering Singapore. You will need to strip the cloth diapers of ammonia before using.

5y ago

My mil she has alot 2nd cloth diaper. She collect from her relative.

I think more than hygiene, there is properly a lifespan for these cloth diapers. I have not used one before, but you can imagine with frequent washing, the fibre might start disintegrating, which can cause sensitivity to babies skin.

Clothing is fine, but not cloth diaper please. Even though it is “cleaned and washed”, you don’t know if your LO will have sensitive skin due to the material of the cloth or the hygiene of it

VIP Member

clothing is fine dear. I strongly won't suggest to use 2nd hand cloth diaper. just explain to her there are few factors we need to look at n becareful. cheers

Oh... me too cant accept used cloth diaper. Kinda disgusting, feels so unhygience. I had a few which my MIL pased to me, i jus threw them away and got new ones 🤭

5y ago

If my mom can help me for confinement will be best. She sure support me

TapFluencer

Best to use new ones for hygienic purpose. Just get the ones from mil so as not to hurt her feelings but it does not mean you will use them.

5y ago

I must say before hand. As she is the one help me confinement and take care bb.

VIP Member

Just reject, if can't reject upfront then just throw away quietly 😆.

Ehhh... Clothing I don't mind. Cloth diaper.. Nono

Super Mum

Can just buy new ones. Doesnt cost very much.....

Just strip n sanitise n prep, can use already