help

Any method I can stop smoking I'm 16weeks now gg 17weeks preggy

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Cigarette smoke contains more than 3,000 different chemicals that can potentially harm humans, and one of the main components of cigarette smoke is carbon monoxide, a known fetal toxin. If you want to quit and can't stop cold turkey, pls go for nicotine replacement therapies - nicotine gum, nicotine spray, and nicotine inhaler

Read more

I just quit cold turkey after I saw the positive sign on the test kit. Been smoking for 11 years straight. Somehow you gotta find it in you to just stop. For me, I was afraid that my actions could cause deformities and cognitive delays etc. That was the biggest motivation. Good luck! You can do this.

Read more
5y ago

Update: I delivered 6 weeks ago. When I was pregnant, I told myself I'll start smoking again after I deliver. But then I decided to fully breastfeed so jokes on me. Hahahahaha! Baby always comes first :)

This depends on you. I am a heavy smoker before. Once I know I am pregnant, I try cut down. I even volunteer to go for boring Counselling in kkh to push myself to stop smoking. I totally quit when I reach 3 months pregnant. Hope u can too!

Am a smoker too. First kid I smoke till around 7th month then stopped. Now I'm 7week preg, the moment I went to gynae check up, confirm my pregnancy, I stopped le. I know it's hard.. Jus try to snack away the thoughts. Standby lotsa sweets or nuts or prune etc.

4y ago

But so far is your first kid any problems?I'm just afraid of my baby health.it really hard time for me to quit smoking as I'm a single mom alot things for me to go Tru

The strongest tool you have is your conscience and love for the baby in your tummy. Smoking will not do any good for the child so maybe you can use that as a motivation to quit. You can try to chew on mints or snack when you have the urge to smoke.

Go cold turkey. I was once a heavy smoker. But I keep it in my mind always that ciggarette is a very bad thing and I dont want any bad thing to happen to my child. I just keep on thinking about my child only. It works.

When i get to know that i was pregnant last year April,I stop smoking on that day bcoz of my baby. Actually, i been smoking for 14yrs before i got pregnant.Till now I don't smoke, my baby is going to 11months already

It's all in your mind. Smoke toxin with all those chemical will be absorbed by your bb. Read more article on how badly it affect your bb. Then you will be more scare n quit for sure. Jiayou mummy

VIP Member

What about smell essential oil instead. Like lemon can lift up your mood and it is great cleaning agent. Diffuse it to clean the Room's air.. Let me know if you keen to try out. Jia you mummy!

Super Mum

Think for youurself and the baby. And yes, read all the bad impact about how smoking will affect the baby and ultimately you if the baby is not healthy. We all here believe you can do it!