Small bump at 7months

Hello all mamas, Im trying my best not to be so affected by having a small bump at 7 months (3rd trimester) but it’s quite hard not to especially when people either cannot tell I’m pregnant OR think I’m in 1st trimester. I think it makes it even more difficult when I see my friends (also FTM) who are also pregnant in the start of 2nd trimester having a bigger bump than me. When I asked my gynae about it, he said that baby is growing well. I’m glad to hear but yet confused as to why my bump is so small for 7 months. Some people say FTM and petite girls will be smaller. I also read that if you had a strong core before pregnancy then it will be smaller .. People also say good cos won’t have stretch mark and easier to lose weight. But Hor I WANNA feel preggy leh?? PROBLEM IS: I’m not petite (167cm and 70kg before preggy) and ya I mean obviously, no core muscle just flabbiness. Just needed to share my Sian-ness cos I only got 2 more months to feel preggy. Am I gonna regret this post when if I suddenly EXPAND this 3rd trimester?😅 #pleasehelp #firsttimemom #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

haha I think petite will look more preggy tho (since tummy is short as a result). I'm 154 and 38kg before pregnant. I look quite pregnant at 20 weeks already likely because baby has no space to grow upwards in the tummy so it grows out instead. They say 2nd trimester feels like you go back to normal after nausea subsides, but not the case for me. It has been quite difficult for me and giving me sleepless nights due to ribcage pain and backaches, also entire day nausea, bad gastric and breathlessness due to a tight and growing tummy. Already like this at 27 weeks, I suppose will get even worse in 3rd trimester... It is likely since you are taller, you have a longer body (and tummy) so your baby has space to grow upwards into your abdomen instead of pushing out. Surely during the last trimester your exponential growing belly will make you feel pregnant. Enjoy while you can, before all the pregnancy problems come in 😁😁😁

Read more
11mo ago

Hihi Amber, thanks for sharing your pregnancy journey. Sounds like it has been tough on you. Idk why I complain so much when actually this pregnancy has been rather smooth for me just abit worried that I don’t look as pregnant as others. That’s why people always say I siao want my tummy be bigger cos they say then will get all the issues like what you mentioned. Wishing you a smooth pregnancy ahead with less nausea, gastric and breathlessness💗💗💗🙆🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

Hello! I’m 166cm and 74kg during first trimester. Many people also said my bump is small and oh they didn’t realise I’m pregnant. Some can say quite hurtful things like “oh because you’re big size that’s why”. Because of those comments made me feel like I want big bump. But its ok! That means our baby have more space because we have longer abdomen and hopefully easier to have flatter tummy during postpartum recovery hehe

Read more

LOL I’m in the same boat as you, FTM 6+ months now but still looking like I’m in the 1st tri and I don’t even get seats on the MRT. I think petite girls have more obvious bumps leh… I’m 170cm and 80kg before so I guess maybe there’s more space (thanks flabs) for baby to grow 🤣 just enjoy the journey bah! Hang in there fellow mummy!

Read more
11mo ago

Yeshh im petite and i have a big bump and it grows outward 😣 might be because we have smaller stomach

I saw alot of women having smaller bumps and i envy, i assume its less heavy? And also lesser prone to stretch marks and like easier to shrink the stomach post partum. However some mummies’ bumps also suddenly pop during 8th and 9th month. Dont be dishearten! As long as baby growing well i guess thats the most important thing.

Read more
11mo ago

I realised something, i got problem Sia. Small bump also complain. Hahahaha it is less heavy. I don’t have back aches YET. And no stretch mark YET. But it’s the thought of Wa 2 more months and people keep saying they can’t tell I look pregnant then make me wonder is baby growing well EVEN THO GYNAE SAID BABY GROWING WELL. 🥴🥴🥴

No one can tell im pregnant until 7mths pregnant lol. Currently 8.5 mths preg and people still think it’s just 3m pregnant🤣 i am not offended by it that means we still look good weeeee🤪🤪 and most importantly is gynae telling us 👶 growing healthily inside our womb