My princess is damn stubborn about anything ...and if I scold her, her grandmom and granddad scold me..what should I do??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i can understand that as a mom, sometimes you do need to scold your kids, especially when they become stubborn and just refuse to listen. however, if the grandparents end up scolding you back for this, that too in front of her, it will only have the opposite effect. your daughter will not learn to listen to you and will not respect for you, and take you for granted. you need to stand up for yourself and tell your in-laws that there are certain things they cannot do, such as speak to you in a certain way, especially when you are disciplining your child. the entire family needs to understand this, so that the child is clear about who the grown up is and who to listen to. spend quality time with your princess and tell her that while you love her a lot, it makes you sad when she behaves like that.

Read more

definitely talk to them and tell them that as a mother your child needs to respect you, by this behavior they are teaching her otherwise and you do not appreciate it. tell them that you know they love her but it is also important that she has the right values and manners, so that even outsiders love and respect her as she grows up

Read more
8y ago

tysm #debolina raja

Hi, Make it a point that whenever you scold your daughter then no one interrupts in between. Talk to your in laws and make them understand that their interference confuses the child and this will prevent her from understanding what you are making her get. I am sure, you will talk to them, they will understand.

Read more

What I have realised in my parenting experience is that kids understand logic better than scolding. Rather than scolding her, make her understand nicely. Sit and talk to her and make her understand that what you have in mind. Let her also have a say while you discuss it with her. Try this.

instead of scolding, u can sit nd talk to her nd make her understand. patience nd love will change her...