LO is turning one soon. He is having 3 meals and only drinks abt 300-400ml BM a day. I am worried he is taking too little milk. Can you share how muck milk your LO is drinking and how many times a day? I understand that after one, nutrition comes mainly from solids, so does that mean if I give 3 meals a day then there's no need for milk?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if he is not taking milk, then he will need to have a healthy and balanced diet. in that case let him eat as much as he wants. no need to worry. kids usually if they are hungry they will voice out. take babies as a theory, babies are not gonna keep quiet. sit back relax and let it flow :)

VIP Member

Mine did not drink much after one year old, maybe once a day. I usually let her try as much as food as possible. However she recently started to ask more milk when she saw her classmates drinking milk before taking afternoon nap in school. Haha

VIP Member

After 1 year old, milk is just a supplement and the main source of nutrients should be coming from food :) If LO doesn't want milk anymore, then you'll just have to make sure LO is eating well and eating healthily!

I won't say there is no need for milk. as long as baby wants to drink I'll give him milk. milk is still very important for a year old. I won't stop the milk.

7y ago

My boy is not interested in milk hence I'm worried if he's taking too little. :(

By 1 yr old, milk mainly supply calcium so if bb can get calcium from solids, milk is unnecessary