my lo just turned 2 mos yesterday and we're on ebf! :) yesterday I noticed he only poops once/day but urines's fine. He gets wet 4-5 nappies/ day. Is his pooping normal? And another question, about 3-4 days ago lo prefers sleep than feed, I wake him every after 2-3 hrs or so. Feeding time gets a little lesser too. Does that mean he gets lesser milk than the usual? I noticed today my breast is leaking which does not happen. I got worried that lo might not be getting enough milk. Though during his waking time he's playful and alert. Thank you! :)

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

don't worry as this is perfectly normal. your baby at this age will poop once a day, and over the next few months, may not even poop at a stretch for 4 to 5 days. as long as your baby is passing enough urine and is energetic, it means that he is properly hydrated and fine. also, the sleep pattern will keep changing. at some age, your baby will want to sleep more and you will feel that you should wake him up to feed him, but it is fine to miss one or two feed sessions and sleep instead. later on, there will be times when you will feel your baby is barely sleeping! these are all phases of your baby's growth and by the time your baby is about a year old, he will fall into a routine that is more stable.

Read more

babies can usually go 3 to 4 days without pooping, while in some cases they will poop multiple times a day on some days. it is just a changing phase as your baby's digestive system develops. some babies do tend to sleep a little more on some days, and if you feel your baby is doing so regularly, you may want to try and wake him up a bit. if your breasts are leaking, it means you are producing the milk as required by your baby, but he is sleeping hence the milk is going to waste. try tickling your baby and gently tapping on the cheeks or the soles of the feet to wake him up, or just latch him on.

Read more

EBF babies may either poop less (some even reach 7 days of no pooping) or poop every after feeding. In our case when my baby is only the same age as yours, we encountered the latter. As for your baby's sleeping. most probably he/she changes pattern. While others recommend feeding every 2-3 hours, it's best to just watch your baby and not the clock. It's good to know that he isn't cranky after waking up. This signals he's just doing fine. Lastly, leaking breasts are totally normal until 6 to 8 weeks post-partum because your body is still regulating the milk supply needed for your baby.

Read more
8y ago

Thank you so much! :)

It is normal for breastfeeding babies, so long they feed well, sleep well and pass urine well. Also they appear active and happy.

If I remember correctly, when my baby was 2 mos, she takes breast milk and poops less which I believe is just normal.

8y ago

Thank you! His farts are unbelievable! (Coming from a 2month old baby lol) tummy's soft though so i guess it's something I shouldn't worry. Thanks!