7 months baby diet

So my baby has been drinking breastmilk (occasionally with one feed supplement of formulae if not enough). So total around 1300ml a day before he started solids at 6th month. Its been a month now and for the past two weeks his breastmilk intake has been quite low. 3 cereal meals (mix with milk) a day and total breastmilk only around 500ml. He prefers water and solids than breastmilk now altho he is gaining weight well at 10kg but should I be concern that he is not taking enough breastmilk? What can I do because I am wondering if he just wants formulae now. My milk taste weird at 7th month?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You can try giving him more formula to see if he prefers fm. It might be the food you intake that causes the bm to taste different. Probably you can note down of the food you took and see if he’s ok with the bm. If he’s pooping and peeing well with a consistent weight gain I think it’s ok. Anyway you did added in bm in his cereal so i think it’s fine. If you feels that his milk intake is not enough, you can just give him fm (if he rejects bm) in his next feed.

Read more