My LO have not poo for two days.hes on fully formula. Is it ok?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best if your child can poo daily, however there are some babies that poo once every 2 days. Just watch out for constipation as it can be very painful for the child when they poo (and may have traces of blood from pushing). What you can try to do is feed a little bit of water, do some "cycling" massage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqEGc7oqcXc), put a little bit of ruyi oil for the discomfort. If all fails, you can also try giving some gripe water. If your child continues to be constipated for more than 3 days, I'll suggest to bring to the PD.

Read more

Two days is still ok as our babies get constipated once a while. But if it becomes three days and above too frequent pls change his formula or give more water. My gal used to be on enfamil and she has bad constipation like once every four days and it resulted in her getting uti. I switched her to nan and now she pops almost everyday

Read more

Not really. Hopefully by day 3 he will or might end up having v dry or hard stools. Give fiber stuff but must drink water (that is if ur child is on solids). Fm can also add a dash of water more to whatever milk feed u making - I usually put abt 10 ml more water if I making a 90

if these happen to infant is normal but if is toddler is not. I don't know what formula is your LO in. But my baby boy can't take s26 as it cause him constipation badly. once i switch him to Friso everything ok. Also ensure your LO have enough water intake too.

VIP Member

For two days it's okay, How old is baby? If baby is above 6 months old, you can try giving him prunes if he continues to be constipated for 4 days

Yes it's okay and normal. If it goes on for more then a week please take him to the doctors.

Not sure if u want to try to give lo try fruits that start with "p" like papaya ...

yes, it's ok