Fresh milk for 1 year old

Hi, lo is fully breastfeeding. But my supply drop and unable to meet lo’s demand. Should I TOP up with formula or fresh milk? What is the different? Which is better? Please recommend what brand of fresh milk in market. Is like Meiji fresh milk? Thanks ??

Fresh milk for 1 year old
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The official guideline/recommendation says that 1yo and above can take cow’s milk, with the child eating solids well (carbo/meat/fibre) to meet all the nutrition needs. A lot of parents do continue to give formula at this age, but it’s not a must. My toddler happens to drink Marigold milk, but I think you can choose whatever brand you like. Do note that if you choose fresh milk, it has to be refrigerated, so baby needs to be okay with drinking cold milk. The alternative is getting UHT packet milk, which doesn’t need to be refrigerated, such that milk is at room temperature when served. Also if you’re considering cow’s milk, I strongly suggest avoiding flavoured milk (eg. Chocolate/strawberry) for as long as possible, otherwise the child may reject plain milk in the future, and always want sweet drinks. Anyway, the decision is ultimately yours. Hope our input helps:)

Read more

Our employees can guide you on all elements of painting. https://mylondonpainter.co.uk/painter-and-decorator-south-london/

Super Mum

Formula. I rem cannot drink cow milk till 1?

Can drink fresh milk from 1 year up

Below one yr old better not

TapFluencer

Huh how old is your bb

VIP Member

Pls use formulae milk

Thanks all mummies:)

VIP Member

Yes can

Super Mum

Formula