My LO is coming to 8 weeks. Have tried giving gripe water for 3 times, 30mins after her feed and burp. The first 2 times, she didnt vomit her milk and accept it. The 3rd time, she vomit out 10 to 15ml of sticky white milk. Anyone know what the sticky white milk is? By vomiting out the sticky stuff, does it mean she is feeling better or worse off than before?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, It can be acid reflux that is common to happen in babies as their digestive system is still immature and they take time to adjust and throw up the undigested milk. I guess, after feeding you need to hold baby upright on your shoulder and make her burp. I guess, you can check with your paediatrician as what is the best time to give her gripe water. Also, my old granny used to tell me to apply little asafoetida in the belly button of my baby, as it helps in keeping away gastric and helps in digestion. You can apply it after bathing her or at night before she goes to sleep. Make it a routine. Hope it helps in improving her digestion. If she gets fine then good else you must take your doctor's opinion.

Read more