swaddling

My LO is coming to 3 months in 2 weeks time and we still swaddle her when she sleeps. I read on the internet that it is advisable to remove swaddling when your LO turns 2 months. The thing is my LO still has her startle/moro reflex that will disrupt her sleep every 10 or 20 mins and swaddling really helps her to self soothe and she will go back to sleep herself. Another thing when we tried to unswaddle her, she will start rubbing her face oe mouth with her hands when we try to put her down and ended up she woke up and we had to soothe her again to sleep. Any thoughts on this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Actually you can still use it, till she starts rolling. You can also slowly wean off the swaddle. Try taking one hand out first, then if she can sleep through with that, take out both hands, and finally, the legs. To solve the eye rubbing thing, what I usually do when I put her in bed is to help her put the hands at the sides of her head, and hold them there for a while till she’s completely asleep. Then I let go and slowly leave the room. I trained my daughter over the course of a few weeks.. now she can sleep without the swaddle and the Moro reflex is much weaker:)

Read more
VIP Member

My LO is 3months+ and she’s using the love to dream swaddle. It makes her sleep better. You can try to upgrade to that.