My lo's classmate bite her ear in childcare.The teachers told me that they did not stop them in time. Now her ear is swollen. Heartbreaking. :( What would you do when your lo being bitten?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my toddler was attending childcare centre, i would see scratches, bite marks on the hands and legs... for me, i encouraged my toddler that these are small matters and also he need to take the initiative to stop the other toddler and tell the teacher as i cannot be there always... i would also highlight these to the teacher and ask what she would do to improve these... then i do my observation... if the teacher always say say to comfort you, i think can consider change schools already...

Read more
VIP Member

There is nothing can be done. First of all, does the biter parents know about this? The teachers have to let the biter parents know about it too! From there teach your child to defend themselves

Read more

I would go down to the school and enquire what happened? Aside from the swelling is there anything else?

7y ago

Swelling and bruised bite mark on her ear. No other scratches or bite marks found. The teachers explained to me that they did separate them during the bite. They made known to the parents and the parents apologised and told their boy to apologise to my gal as well. The Teachers will also separate the boy and my gal for the time being.

if is ur child who bite the other children? the other way round? how will u react?

7y ago

For toddler, i believe they react in consistent manner. If it was my child who bite others, i would need to recap if my child always bites at home. if yes, it is a habit which i will put in effort to correct my child at home (hit on my child's palm and give time-out if happens right before me) and if no, it could be out of curiosity (i will let him try on himself... hee hee) or out of defense which i will show my child other methods he can use to defend himself.... all these, really takes time and effort to keep repeating and repeating until it has worked...

VIP Member

I will definitely talk to the student and give them a warning !