Would like to ask if it's ok to let bb go on Walker to assist in walking? Cos I saw somewhere before they said not very good, like for the walking progress and makes them lazy to walk next time. Thanks to share if any advice :)

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby will tend to develop lazy movements that involve tiptoe. Even if we were to sit in walkers or similar ourselves and we can reach the floor, we also will wana "play" and just flick our feet to make us move around. It can be dangerous too as it means baby can reach for more things and can move very fast so it can really catch parent's unaware. I suggest there is those kind of "trolley" like concept of push toy to let them push and walk - that is if ur child has an interest and some strength in some standing with some support. Everyone to their own pace ya

Read more
VIP Member

The concerns with sit-inside walkers are because some parents get really into letting their child meet milestones fast, so they put them in before they're tall enough = LO would be on tiptoes to manage the weight of the walker + make up for the height difference and then develop a habit walking that way. I'd say that you can just let your child learn at his/her own pace! I even had those stand-and-push walkers but my LO didn't learn to walk with it, he started cruising around and then just walked on his own :)

Read more

Physiotherapists told us not to let baby sit on walker. It tends to make baby tiptoe when 'walking' using e walker. Next time when they know how to walk already, tbey may walk in tiptoe. When babies wanna learn to walk, they will do it themselves gradually. Let them develop in their own pace.

I dun think it will cause tiptoe if the bb is tall enough for the walker. I put bb in walker only when I need to do something n Ensure that he is safe from fall... since he is already cruising. But he himself can't sit inside for long maybe 5min n he will !!!!!

VIP Member

i let mine walk naturally. though it seems that people think it will be slower, different child different progress. we all grew up with walker anyway 😂

I agree with the mum above. Let baby learn and grow at their own pace. There is no need for the walker. I prefer to take it naturally.