Should one use walker for the kid to ease walking, or that's a kind of spoon-feeding and should let kid learn to walk on his own? My mother-in-law is against using walker for my kid. Please suggest!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are mixed opinions on sitting walkers these days. In some states in the US, I read that such walkers are banned because they pose major risks both in terms of baby's development and safety. Instead of sitting walkers, it is recommended that parents use push walkers. That being said, alot of us grew up using sitting walkers and we turned out fine. I suppose as long as you're not dependent on walkers, it will be fine. Take time to naturally help baby walk by holding them up and helping them walk along. Also, never leave baby unattended if using walkers.

Read more

Hi, actually, using too much of walker may delay your baby's walking independently. Because the babies can get around too easily, their urge to move across the floor is satisfied, and many of them will not undertake the important task of crawling, creeping, scooting, or hitching. This stage is important for developing strength and coordination. Also sometimes baby walkers get dangerous because they give babies extra speed, extra height, and access to many hazards. Hope it helps!

Read more