high sex drive when pregnant

Lately I've noticed something quite unexpected - my sex drive has skyrocketed! It seems like I can't go a day without feeling incredibly turned on, and it's honestly taking me by surprise. I've heard that some women experience changes in their libido during pregnancy, but I never expected it to be this intense. Is anyone else going through something similar? Is it normal to have such a high sex drive during pregnancy, or should I be concerned about it?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's completely normal to experience changes in your libido during pregnancy, and having a high sex drive is definitely not uncommon. Many women actually report an increase in their sex drive due to hormonal changes and increased blood flow to the pelvic area. If you're feeling incredibly turned on and it's taking you by surprise, don't worry, you're not alone. Some women find that being pregnant can actually make them feel more sensual and sexually active. However, if you're concerned about your heightened sex drive, it's always a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider. They can help reassure you and provide guidance on how to navigate these changes. In the meantime, communication with your partner is key. Make sure to discuss your feelings openly and honestly, and find ways to connect physically and emotionally that work for both of you during this special time. Remember, every woman's experience during pregnancy is different, so embrace what feels right for you and enjoy this unique journey! Take care and all the best during your pregnancy! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

hi! I am also having high sex drive and thought it wasn’t normal, currently 8 + 6. however our gynae said no sex for the first tri, so we’re being careful and not doing anything :”)

I was like that too in the first and sec tri! But sadly my husband wasn't up for it cos he was afraid. By the third tri my libido fell flat and I only wanted to sleep and rest all day.

Hi! I am feeling the same. I’m 8 + 4 today. However my and hubby are trying not to be too active as we are worried it may affect the baby. It’s tough !

hahaha yes high sex drive all the way till week 39.. sadly my hub isnt interested because he is more concerned about the bb :(