Blighted ovum management

Hi ladies, I’m a pte patient at KKH and have been diagnosed with a blighted ovum at week 9. Since a gestational sac was seen at week 6, it has always shown to be empty till now. I’m considering going to private gynae to get the medications to induce miscarriage instead of waiting to go back to KKH. The super long waiting time/repeated visits have been extra stressful. Any recommendations on a gynae to manage this? Hope to ttc soon after this episode. TIA!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in the same situation in early 2020 but was under subsidised at NUH. I was explained the procedure I can go through (medically or surgically) to terminate the pregnancy at about week 9 and I asked for 1 week to think about it. I started bleeding a few days later and went to their AnE. The gynae did an ultrasound and gave meds to induce on the same day itself. Passed a few large clots within the day but had light bleeding that lasted almost 1 month. It might be better to talk to your gynae about your options rather than going to another gynae as they might not be able to slot you in for an appointment that soon too. Wishing you all the best in your TTC journey!

Read more
3y ago

Thank you so much for your reply & for sharing your experience. Sorry that it happened to you too. What’s been happening recently has made me impatient and too emotional to think straight. You’re right, it’s probably not the best time to switch gynae till the issue is sorted. Hope you have had much better luck in your TTC journey since then!