1st time ivf mummy in first trimester

Hi ladies, I am a new mum, 5 weeks preg… could you pls share w me the medicines prescribed and the vitamins/supplements necessary for the first trimester. I am given progynova, duphaston, aspirin & 5md folic acid. On top of that I bought and am taking vit D,Folic Acid and Iberet Folic 500… is this ok? Is there any others I should take? Thx…

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, first time mum in IVF as well. I only took duphaston TDS and folic acid from the day of transfer till week 10 (for duphaston) and continue with folic acid. Only changed to multivitamin on week 12 onwards. Didnt take any other vitamins apart from that. Important for the first trimester, have alot of rest and walk slowly. Congrats anyway ❤️❤️

Read more
2y ago

Congrats mummy!! Thx for sharing…

Same here! First time pregnant, 8 weeks twins and through IVF too. My doctor only gave me dygesterone and 5mg folic acid. I have been taking prenatal Vit since I started IVF treatment and still on it. I’m taking NOW prenatal gels & DHA. You can order from iHerb. https://sg.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-prenatal-gels-dha-180-softgels/45706?rcode=GRR7648

Read more
Post reply image
2y ago

Twins!! Wow! Congratulations… thank you so much for sharing… 😃

Congrats, I’m also 1st time IVF mummy and also at 5 weeks ❤️ I was only prescribed dygesterone, aspirin and folic acid. I have diabetes before pregnancy so am not taking other vit without the gynae’s recommendation. Wont be able to recommend you on those. Jia you, fellow ivf mummy!

2y ago

😊😊😊

actually those vitamins usually week 12 onwards then eat.. folic acid is a must.. of cause ivf higher risk so doctor sure give you duphaston all those, must remember don't miss those, daily must take..

2y ago

Ya I am taking it daily without fail…

I was prescribed folic acid, progesterone and baby aspirin during the 1st trimester. Only at the start of the 2nd trim my OB then began to prescribe me with prenatal multivitamins

2y ago

Ohh you re prescribed e same meds as me.. thx for sharing… makes me feel better that I m not missing out on any other impt meds…

hi mummy! ivf mum too :) i only took folic acid during my 1st tri. just took prenatal vitamins and fish oil from 2nd tri onwards. take care!

2y ago

Nice… thx for sharing 😀

Same ! Me too been prescribed the same medication as you other than aspirin ! I was prescribed Iberet 500. We r of the same week too! Congrats !

2y ago

Congrats mummy!!! Thx for sharing 😀

Hi, i was given duphaston, progynova, crinone gel and folic acid for about 2 months and then switch to fish oil and prenatal.

2y ago

Ohhh ok.. thx ya for sharing.. 😃

Am also taking all these plus prenatal vitamins.

2y ago

Ok great.. thx ya!