My husband doesn’t let me drink cold drinks. 🥲🥲🥲🥲

It’s killing me inside so badly. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I sneakily ordered cold drinks, desserts when I go my mom’s place. Even though there is no scientific evidence that cold drinks or food can harm baby’s health but my husband never buy it! And he’s always nagging non stop. help help!! Do you all also face the same issue? Weather so hot 🥵 can only drink hot drinks .

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's good that he showed he cares but tell him that drinking cold water has been debunked a lot of times even doctors said it's fine to drink. It'll turn into your body temperature once it enters your stomach. It definitely does not affect your baby too. Just old wives tales. This cannot, that cannot. We're living in a modern era where many myths have been debunked! I drink cold water everyday, all day even while pregnant. SG is way too humid to drink only hot water. Mama of 5 here! My kids are all healthy! I also have no issue with body pain, etc and I'm reaching 40 yrs old.

Read more

Your husband definitely shows care for u! That's great! I'm more stringent with myself than my husband, i dont take cold drinks during pregnancy too due to believe in TCM way, iced drinks can make the body 'cold' be it when you're pregnant or not. it slows digestive system, cause bloating/fatigue. But of cos it depends on your body constitution. I stay away because my body is weaker :) Perhaps you could try to communicate with your husband, seek his compromise, may reduce consumption instead of total abstain!

Read more

Before 12 weeks I totally can’t take in any food and drinks. So will take bit by bit (a few mouth) of coke. After 12 weeks I cut off all cold water. When I having my first born. I got one colleague (already be grandma). When she see my drink fresh milk or cold water. She tell me this “you want future baby easy and good to take care. Need to cut off all this”. Some will believe some not. But I feel bear a few month only will have a good health baby that what I want to save trouble.

Read more

The idea of not taking cold stuff is in olden days, is because countries like China (where TCM originate from) have cold weather like autumn and winter! It’s a myth that one cannot drink cold drink. Can you imagine if you live in India where most days is 30-40 degrees? You’ll suffer from heat stroke instead which is worse. Take everything in balance…I also drink cold stuff 1-2 times a week or eat ice cream or cold fruits 1-2 times a week. It’s totally fine.

Read more

I drink ambient water. 2litre per day. I was also struggling to cope with no ice/chilled drink and dessert. I try to add sour plum to ambient water for the start and slowly get use to it. After entering 2nd trimester, I will still aim to drink 2litre water but without sour plum and had some cold/ice drink or dessert once a week. hahah. only hot drink I have is Milo.

Read more

I’ve been drinking cold water everyday 😅 i’m 30w2d now. So far so good. Tried drinking hot/warm drinks but it only made me nauseous and i’ll end up vomiting. 😥 I think it depends on each individual’s body. Maybe tell him how you feel so that he can understand your cravings or urge to drink cold drinks better 🤗

Read more

Erm up to individual... I guess...my 3rd pregnancy I nv control I drink cold water almost every day as my body feels hot and heating... I cannot resist so I drink whatever my body said😅currently my baby is 1mth+ old le... but during confinement better dont drink cold water lo...

Super Mum

Tell him the mother's happiness is important too as stress can negatively affect baby so if he wants the best for baby he should let you have what you want 😁. And I agree with others too, cold drinks are totally fine unless you're sensitive to coldness and may get sick from it

Yakult and fresh milk is good for you, and they are consumed cold~ I still eat the occasional ice cream too. I avoid iced drinks though, I get cramps when drinking them during my period so I refrain while preggy.

I’ve heard of ladies who lost their baby because they drank too much cold drinks during their first trimester, but if you’re not , and it’s only occasionally a few sips I think it’s fine.