Can we drink cold drinks?

Hi. I’m still 11w pregnant but everyday my friends wi keep telling me to not drink cold drinks with ice. I don’t have it often. But just curious, are we not allowed to drink with ice at all? Like can we also drink bubble tea? #FTM

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just drink as long as as you feel ok. I checked with my gynae he also say just drink.. i see my friend drink cold drink also gave birth to healthy baby recently. Just drink moderately for sweet drinks n caffaine. Infact i never limit myself just drink as per normal and my bb is on the smaller side for now at 26week, didnt gain much weight also. (Infact gynae ask me to eat more) So friends who nagged say bb will get big i think not true at all. Just do it moderately. For ur info i drink cold water, bbt maybe about 3 times a week. Everyday i got drink 1-2 packet sweet drink

Read more
4mo ago

Yes i did the diabetes test already. Pass

I drink whatever that helps to make me feel less nauseated, and that includes cold drinks haha. During week 6-9 my nausea was damn terrible so everyday would have to drink some form of cold drink like coke or ribena to calm my stomach. So far doesn’t make me have cramps or anything like that. Warm drinks tend to make me feel full and bloated and want to vomit.

Read more

on my first pregnancy i drank cold water everyday. i couldn't take plain water in room temperature as i'll puke out but i could have it like super cold. also throughout the nine months, i've had cold teas, milos, bubbletea and green tea too. but if you wanna stay on the safe side, maybe not too much(?) i don't see the reason behind it.

Read more
TapFluencer

In Singapore, I can never survive without ice water with the hot climate! Given that we can’t drink ice water during confinement, I drink it whenever I need them now, haha. For bubble tea we need to control the intake because of the sugar contain :)

I still do occasionally but not on a daily basis maybe once every 2-3 days? but I try to take as much of plain water as possible because bubble tea can be fattening and does not have much nutrients but once a while to indulge shd be okay!

I c TCM, n doc ask me to try to avoid if possible. However, once a while is OK. Jus ask for less ice will do. For me I got sinus problem, doc explain avoid cold stuff will help improve it n also not pass it to the baby.

I drink cold drink w ice everyday. It's the only way I'll drink water. I think it's fine as long as it keeps you hydrated.

It is to refrain from causing uterus contraction. Once a while, not too often shouldn’t be a very big issue 😊

I drink lime juice with ice whenever I crave and prevent nauseous, coconut water feels good too. I'm at week 11.

I drink it but in minimal and not everyday to avoid falling sick. But as you know hot weather = cold water.