My Kids yesterday at home after school wants to take a bath under the rain but my wife doesn't want them to do so . What are the pros and cons in taking a rain water bath ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Bathing under the rain used to be super fun until pollution has taken its toll in our country. My sister, who is studying in a medical field and a complete germaphobe, explained that rainwater isn't clean as this evaporates from various water sources—including canals. I guess that's the con. However, I still believe that a little amount of germs won't entirely make your kids sick. Pro is it may even strengthen your kid's immunity through exposure. Plus, it's fun!

Magbasa pa

So, when I was young, I always play under the rain. Gladly, I didn't get sick. I enjoyed it along with my playmates. That's the pro. The con is, if your child already has symptoms of flu, just don't allow him or her to play under the rain, it'll get worsen. All in all I believe, playing under the rain don't get you sick. What will make you sick is playing in flooded streets especially if we do have open wounds, it's prone to virus.

Magbasa pa

I think the obvious cons would be if your kids didn't properly dry off with a towel after playing around in the rain, they'd be at risk of catching a cold or getting sick. So make sure they dry off as soon as they're done playing, and maybe that they stay out of the rain for TOO long. On the positive side, it gives kids an interesting way to enjoy rainy season, and a cool way to enjoy playing outside.

Magbasa pa

If the place is clean, and there's no dirty floodwater around, then I say go for it! Bathing in the rain is super fun. Just make sure that they aren't out in the rain for too long, since they might get a cold.