Jus had a quarrel with my hubby.. I'm a SAHM . I have Two kids. Every day after my hubby's work , I desire that he spend a bit of time to bond with our kids. Jus 30 mins is good cos I understand that he is tired after work so I try to be reasonable . Jus now we started to have some disagreement over something n he begins to say things like give him a break after work , he is tired n can't help out so much with the kids.. etc.. he Meant to say that I'm a SAHM , I should do everything , why involve him n ask him to help with this n that. Though I'm a SAHM but my role is not easy too n i feel tired too after one whole day of looking after kids, cooking , housework etc. I don't laze around , I work hard the whole day too. Then he told me if it is so hard for me to be a SAHM , then I should jus quit being a SAHM n go out to work . At least I can bring home income.. I feel so upset .. am I really v demanding ? Sob.

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If possible, my hubby wants me to be SAHM for as Long as possible as he feels it's the best for the children. He also comes home and helps out - diaper duties, read stories, bring kid out on weekends to do grocery shopping. When I worked, both of us also did our part to care for the kid. Don't mean I work or u work means we can abdicate our duties as a parent... does it mean if one works, just give $$ will do?

Read more

That’s what my hubby told me the same as well. He told me if I am so tired taking care of child then asked me to go find a job and help to lighten the financial burdens too. My hubby came home very late everyday and never ever praise me or say anything nice to me for taking care of the child yet blamed for asking him to help out after he came back from from work. My hubby even said he’s even more tired than a sahm!!!

Read more
VIP Member

I uds how u feel cause that’s how my hubby behaved till I came across articles as to why it’s important for him to bond with his children(or child). Maybe that would be helpful since it comes from professional perspective and sometimes dun listen to his own wife. https://sg.theasianparent.com/be-involved-parent-now/?premium_content=true&openInAppPopup_content=true&tap_source=firebase-openInAppPopup-fallback_sg

Read more

I have been a SAHM and then a FTWM. Working is so much easier than staying home with the kids. Talk to him about it, YOLO. He chooses to "rest after work" than make memories with his kids? Why? He doesnt care about them? He probably thinks you are having it easy and asking you to work is like saying "working is so much more tiring". Why dont ask him to stay home instead and you go and work. 🙄

Read more

Tbh, you can just go out and work then he will realise the importance of you. As guys tends to associate of bringing income home means contributing to the household already. By going out t work, he understands the increase of financial burden such as finding alternatives to taking care of children and sharing burden of doing housework since you both are working...

Read more

we are in the same boat 😔im not a SAHM but im home taking care of baby, confinement and house chores alone. he dont understand how tiring it is to do all that in 24hrs. yet he still demands this and that for him, even when im attending to baby. ill just throw my resting bitch face and ignore everything he said, then he'll get the hint and help me abit.

Read more

I have total respect for SAHM. I spent 1 month at home after my baby arrived, and boy it's tiring. It's not easy for 1 person to handle the baby/child and settle household chores for 1 day, so dont even have to say when it's everyday. If possible, let your parents take your kids out for a day, and talk to your husband nicely over coffee.

Read more

My daughter in law is also a stay at home mum but my son still helps out in the evenings when he comes home. I feel this shd be the way. Both are tired and there shd be give and take. Sometimes he feeds the youngest while she prepares dinner. If your husband is too tired can still play with baby while you do other chores.

Read more

Hey mum, Yes these kind of situations arise but do not lose heart because of all this. I would suggest have a helper? You can always have a part time helper who can help with household chores. You and your husband then can be more relaxed and will have more time to spend with your kids

My husband too, that when i start to tell him why not you stay at home and i go work. My girl glue to me 24/7 and cry when im not around that when he know how hard for me.